Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Four of Us


Matthew is busy drawing pictures of superheroes and transformers, making lots of explosion sounds all the time, and growing out of his clothes. He is thriving in school and is doing really well with reading and writing. He loves being helpful and earning rewards and teaching Anna all the things he learns at school.

Anna is busy wishing she went to school like Matthew, making me pack her a lunch to carry around in her backpack, and practicing writing her name. She helps me with all of my projects and kind of likes to be in charge. She is always singing songs at the top of her lungs and changes her clothes 10 times a day.

Joseph is busy doing root canals, paperwork, and presentations. He is really enjoying his work and has gotten some great hands on experience. He can't tell me about anything he does in the clinic because I get all queasy once he mentions shots or cutting anything. He is home for dinner every night and can even come home for lunch if he wants! Amazing!

I am busy crossing things off my to-do list that have been there for years, planning weekly singing time activities for Primary, and of course, sewing. Joseph is trying to teach me how to drive a stick shift, which is really hilarious and embarrassing. I ran a 10k race yesterday with my friend* and cut more than three minutes off my time from last year!

*Did you know we only live one hour away from our great friends that left NYC last year? We can bribe them to cross the border from Oklahoma to Texas occasionally, and vice versa.

3 comments:

lex said...

It's good to see an update on all of you. Your pictures are always so lovely too! Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Jessica Madsen said...

I am the SAME way with Justin when it comes to any stories from the clinic or oral surgery. I have to beg for less details, as it always makes me queasy!! :) Your kids are so beautiful... ya'll look great, and way to go on the race!

Unknown said...

Can I get your address for a christmas card?! you can email it to me carriecrosland@gmail.com if you get a chance:) thanks!
good job racing!!