Monday, October 24, 2011

Run Fast... or Else!

Last Saturday I ran in the Sleepy Hollow 10k race. I love Sleepy Hollow (we've been there twice before), but I don't necessarily love the hills in Sleepy Hollow. The race course was so hilly that I almost dreaded turning a corner just to see another hill in front of me. But it was awesome and I finished the tough 6.2 miles in 1:01:42.

A few of our friends ran it as well, so afterwards we all walked around the cemetery and the Old Dutch Church and enjoyed the beautiful fall colors and festive decorations. It was lovely and I think we all had a great day!

3 comments:

Griffeth Family said...

It was a lovely day!!

Heidi said...

Congratulations!
I can't believe how grown up the kids look.

Katie said...

Look at you! That's such an awesome time! Especially with it being hilly....so proud. Wish I could've been there to run it with you!