Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby

Last week seems like a bad dream. At my 13 week appointment, the doctor was not able to find a heartbeat or blood flow to the baby. We were completely shocked and devastated. I had surgery a few days later, and finally feel like I have a minute to wrap my head around everything. We have had much help and love from friends here, and have felt a lot of peace and hope. It has been very hard, but I know that we will be okay. I am grateful for Matthew and Anna and their steady faith. I'm grateful for people that become our family when our real family is so far away. I am grateful for the things I know and feel that carry me through hard times like this. We feel much joy and hope for the future.

8 comments:

Elisa & Josh said...

I'm so sorry! You are going to think I'm a total weirdo. I know your cousins the Telford's-Ben, Russell, and Danny and their mom Shannon all used to live in my ward and Ben and my brother were best friends. This was in Murray before Shannon re-married, but I my mom still keeps in touch with Shannon. I went to Taylorsville High but graduated in 2004 so you probably never knew me. I love looking at your blog. You seem like such a neat girl and have a beautiful family. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Jessica Madsen said...

Oh Catlin, I am so sorry to come to your blog and read your sad news. THe thought of you being in pain and feeling sad breaks my heart. I will keep you in my prayers now that we know of your situation. You are amazing as you continue to look for good in all things. My hope and prayer will be that you continue to find hope and peace. Please know we love you, and are always wanting happiness for you and your family.
All our love~
Jessica

Cam and Linds said...

Oh Cat, I am so sorry to hear this! We will keep you and your sweet family in our prayers! I hope you continue to feel the love and strength of those around you and that you continue to find peace and hope for that future!

tycee said...

That is rough Catlin. You'll be in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Oh cat, you guys are incredible people and we are sending more prayers your way.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Oh I'm so sorry Catlin (and Joseph)! That is such a painful thing to go through-emotionally and physically. When we were up at USU together I miscarried my first, and like you my sister and I were due about the same time (2 months apart) so we were excited, but then so so devastated. I hope you find peace and love and hope through this experience. Looking back now upon my experience I know it helped shape me into a better more patient and understand person and I can see the Lord's timing was more wise than my own. I hope there is a little baby waiting to join your family soon!

TanyaG said...

Dear Gedge family, I was just catching up with all the old SI ward family blogs and was elated and then so saddened to read of your news. Our thoughts are with you and we send our love. We had a miscarriage as well before Oliver and share in your pain. The best to you Catlin and each sweet member in your family.

Julia Smith said...

Catlin, I am so sorry for your loss! I once had a miscarriage and I was devastated! I am so glad that we have the gospel to give us understanding. You have always been such a good example to me. You are in my prayers. Julia