I haven't been able to sew very much since we started preparing to move in May. My supplies are still in boxes and bags, and I can't wait to get everything organized and get started on some fall sewing! But I did get to make a few things for myself over the summer while the kids were entertained with grandparents and cousins.

red button front skirt --- polka dot tee --- aqua midi skirt --- bright flowy top
I made my own patterns for all of them, and I'm really happy with how they turned out. I feel like I'm finally getting good enough to have something end up exactly how I had it imagined in my head... at least most of the time.
I wish I could have made a bunch of new school clothes for Matthew, but there was no time. I did pull out the freezer paper and fabric paint and the kids got a few fun t-shirts. Anna is in love with her batman shirt. My favorite is the USA map that shows all the places we have lived. If it holds up well, I can add to it when we move next year.
I wish I could have made a bunch of new school clothes for Matthew, but there was no time. I did pull out the freezer paper and fabric paint and the kids got a few fun t-shirts. Anna is in love with her batman shirt. My favorite is the USA map that shows all the places we have lived. If it holds up well, I can add to it when we move next year.
Next on the list are bridesmaid skirts and bow-ties for my sister's wedding in a few weeks!
5 comments:
What a fun hobby you have. And you're so talented at it!
I want to pay you to make my solo dress for dance. You have excellent skills and everything turns out perfect. I'm so jealous of your talent.
You sew clothes. Do you know how awesome that makes you? It's an amazing skill. Plus, you also have great taste so your stuff is gorgeous!
Hi Catlin, fun to catch up on your blog. I recieved your e-mail, so I will add you back to our blog soon... although, there is not too much excitement to find there. ;)
Your kids suure have grown, but are a darling as they have always been. Love to see the clothes you have sewn too... the t-shirts for the kids are sooo clever. You are terrific! Hope to stay in better contact... take care!
Jessica
So great! I love that map one so much. We made Max some Freezer shirts when he was 3...they were way to big for him then but he has worn them ever since. We love them. Probably time to retire those bad boys :)
Post a Comment