Monday, August 27, 2012

First First Day of School


Matthew had his first day of Kindergarten today! He looked so big (yet at the same time, so small) carrying his huge backpack and walking into his school. It was a successful day, despite the fact that I have been dreading it for months. I'm not sure what I was so worried about, but I do know that Matthew can be very stubborn and likes things to be his idea. I'm also kind of used to having him around, so I knew I'd miss him a lot. Things were quiet at home with just Anna and me, but we enjoyed ourselves and I only checked the clock a hundred times to see if it was 3:00 yet! But Matthew had a great day and is looking forward to going back tomorrow.

I hope Matthew will have a great year and that he'll learn a lot, educationally and socially. It is fun to watch him grow up and to be able to experience all these new things with him!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is absolutely the cutest picture I've ever seen of the hug! How sweet it must be to know they love each other so much. Did Anna get lonely?

Susan G. said...

Is it full day kindergarten?? Wow! We are experiencing first grade and look at the clock ALL DAY to see if it's 3:45 yet. Funny how moms seem more nervous than these kids isn't it!

Catlin said...

Yep, it is full day kindergarten, so a big transition for us!

I think Anna has actually enjoyed being able to relax a little bit while he is gone. :) I thought she'd miss him a lot, but she's been fine!

Kristina Clemens said...

So hard to believe it's that time again! He looks so adorable! =)
Kristina J.