I've been trying to get our home organized and decorated as quickly as possible, since I'm sure we'll be packing up again before we know it. I still have a long way to go, but we are definitely happy here and it will be a great home for us. We've made some friends, been given callings at church, and have figured out the best grocery stores to go to.
![]() |
![]() |
In a couple of days we'll be going home to Utah for a week. I know that it will always be our home because all of our family is there, and we love going back to see them. It always rejuvenates us to head back out on our own after we've been with our family.
We probably have a lot of moving in our future , but I'm so glad that we can make a home wherever we are together.
Some projects: spray painted frames, tray, and owl figurine from the thrift store - free printables found on pinterest - fabric covered button magnets - painted wooden utensils - hand painted dish towels.


5 comments:
Amen to that! Moving to a new state is always very difficult (at least it has been in my experience). There are always things that are sorely missed from the previous state, and it's frustrating to have to make new friends and get to know a new city and deal with so many unknowns. Hang in there!
I love that baby blue dresser in your pics. It's the perfect soft tone to add to the room. You've done a beautiful job putting your home together.
PS: I'm still waiting for a review on what you think of Texas BBQ (my personal favorite thing about your lovely state).
So happy you guys are getting settled in Texas! I'm going to miss our visits out here in NYC!
Hello! I'm so glad you guys are settling into Texas. Are you only there for one year?
Opps, just read your little description. I'm sure it will be a great year. When will you find out where your next assignment is?
Post a Comment