We spent a couple of days in Boston when my family was here visiting. Joseph was so kind to stay home with the kids. We took a midnight bus ride from NYC to Boston, lugged our backpacks around for two days, got soaking wet in the rain, and had a wonderful time.
My favorite part was taking a train to Belmont and Concord, which are the cutest little towns just outside of Boston. We rented bikes in Concord and rode around to cemeteries and historic landmarks. Walden Pond was so beautiful and Henry David Thoreau's cabin site was really interesting.
We also saw the Boston temple, ate really good food, and were sore for days after we got back home. It was a great trip and I'm so glad I decided to tag along last minute!
Wow. That's so great! How nice of Joseph to watch the kids for you! I was teasing Ryan the other night--I don't think he's ever been out in public alone with all three kids. Maybe we'll have to take a girls trip when you move over here...just sayin'!
Isn't the Boston Temple beautiful? We thought we were going the wrong way or had missed our turn off and then all of the sudden it just appears off that busy frontage road. So glad you got to run around that city for a couple days. I LOVE Boston!
2 comments:
Wow. That's so great! How nice of Joseph to watch the kids for you! I was teasing Ryan the other night--I don't think he's ever been out in public alone with all three kids. Maybe we'll have to take a girls trip when you move over here...just sayin'!
Isn't the Boston Temple beautiful? We thought we were going the wrong way or had missed our turn off and then all of the sudden it just appears off that busy frontage road. So glad you got to run around that city for a couple days. I LOVE Boston!
Post a Comment