Monday, April 9, 2012

My Afternoon in the City


Last week, I got to spend an afternoon in Manhattan all by myself. Thanks to my friend who watched the kids, I didn't have to wrestle a stroller onto the subway or fear losing my children in the throngs of people that always cover the sidewalks in the city. It was wonderful.

I did some shopping and people watching and picture taking. But my main purpose for the trip was to visit some of the fabric stores in the Garment District. I could have spent days, not hours, looking through those amazing stores and dreaming up all the things I could make with that beautiful fabric.

I found some great things to buy, ate a delicious slice of pizza, and then headed toward home on the subway... ferry... and bus. I loved my afternoon, and I'll hopefully be able to sneak in a few more of them in the next 7 weeks.

3 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

What a nice friend to watch your kiddos for you to go and enjoy your own company for the afternoon. You deserve taking it all in on your own and soaking up all the memories while you can. Best of luck as you come to the close of this journey and start the next!!

Elise said...

How nice...a day away from the kids is always great. And then it feels great to come back to them :) New York is such a cool place. I'm glad you guys get to experience it for a while. Always love your pictures!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you've got that city figured out. just in time to move:)