Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Home: Bedroom

It has been a year since we moved here, but I just barely finished getting our home put together the way I want it! Slow and steady, I guess.


Joseph spent hours turning this $20 Craigslist desk and free chair from the side of the road into this beautiful new sewing desk and chair! It is my favorite thing in the whole house!

My other favorite things are the black & white family pictures throughout the room, my striped sewing machine cover, the beach picture Robin took in California hanging over our bed, and my guitar hanging on the wall (hopefully tempting me enough to actually play it more often...).

I don't claim to be any type of interior decorator or designer, but I do love decorating my own house. Since I'm home everyday, almost all day, I enjoy filling it with things that I think are pretty!

7 comments:

The Ericksons said...

He did a great job on the desk and chair! I love them! Looks good Catlin.

Sarah said...

The sewing table and chair are amazing! How fun to have such a beautiful space to work (and live) in!

Alison Fleming said...

Catlin! It's Alison (Powell) Fleming! I found your blog and was so excited! :) I think it's awesome that you're in NY. Your family is so cute! Your room looks great too! Send me your email address and I would love to invite you to my blog! avfleming08@gmail.com

Love ya!

Julia M. said...

Joseph must really love you.

tycee said...

That chair and desk look so nice! I love black & white pics...especially the ones from old fashioned photo booths. And that's smart to hang your guitar - I bet you will play it more :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

You're so talented! You do amazingly well at making things look nice at an affordable price. Fun to make you place your own.

Mythreesons said...

I am so impressed with your talent and taste. I actually had to show that desk and chair to several people, I thought it looked so fantastic. They turned out beautifully. Your home really seems to emanage a sense a calm, simplicity, and serenity. And that opinion is simply based on the pictures!

And I've been meaning to ask every since your office post... where did you get those great green wall folders? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything similar. I really want some for our office.
Thanks Catlin!