Grocery shopping is a whole different world here in NYC. There are only small stores, and you can't even take the cart out of the store. There are no parking lots. You basically only want to buy what you can carry home. I have had a hard time getting used to going to the store every couple days! FreshDirect is an online grocery store where you can buy pretty much anything you need. It is a little more expensive (because there are no store brands/generic choices) and there is a $5 delivery fee - but I think it is totally worth it! I plan on doing one large FreshDirect order per month, and then going to the local stores when we run out of stuff.
I bet you all wish you could do your grocery shopping online, eh?
10 comments:
I would be so up for that!
That's way cool. I think I'd miss the normal grocery stores, though. :) I'm a coupon-a-holic.
I might be able to grocery shop again. This is genius!
That is way cool. You guys sound like you are doing so well. It has always been my dream to visit New York and you get to live there. Lucky!!
Now that sounds like fun! I would shop for groceries online for sure! I am glad you guys are doing well in New York!
So do you consider yourself a New Yorker now? You have learned all the ins and outs of life there it seems! And done well.
That is so cool!! I always wonder how people grocery shop there since there really isn't anything but little markets!
Cat! That is so awesome. It looks like you guys are doing great. SO fun! Maybe sometime I will have to come and visit ;) Matthew is probably the cutest ever. Go girl!
Hey Cat! I love reading your updates and I'm glad you guys are adjusting well. Online grocery shopping would be my dream...I'm not sure I'm up for taking 2 kids:) Take Care!
That is the coolest thing ever!!! We miss you guys! The ward isnt the same without you!
Post a Comment