Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friends, Books & Appliances

  • We got to go to dinner last weekend with the Macfarlanes and the Dansies! It was so much fun to see Brian & Rachel while they were in town, and we love that Jimmy & Jen live close and can share all their advice with us for living in NYC! We ate at SouthWestNY and the view of New Jersey was spectacular.
  • We got our washer & dryer on Friday! I am SO excited about it! Matthew wishes he could reach some of the knobs and buttons on it.
  • I read Bellwether this week. I feel like I haven't read a book for so long! I really, really liked it, and recommend it to anyone! Don't be intimidated by the crazy sci-fi cover, it was really interesting and well written and not strange at all. I hope to read a few more of her books.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked Bellwether. Christina recommended it to me and I loved it. Not at all what one might presume it to be from the cover.

Congratulations on the washer and dryer too. That was a good day in our house as well. :)

Julia M. said...

Cat, you look awesome! Good news about the washer and dryer. Hopefully that makes your life a little easier!

{B}dreamy said...

I think that's the same washer/dryer combo we have! Fun stuff. And you looks awesome. *B

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

I'm jealous-I bet that was so much fun!

Jen said...

So fun! Great to see you guys...glad you got your washer and dryer--slowly but surely NY will become home!

Karrissa Winward said...

How fun that you got to eat dinner with friends! Wish we could have been there!

Jenny said...

Bellwether is one of my favorite books! Glad you liked it. Enjoyed your photos from your sightseeing in NYC. Hurray for a washer and dryer. They're the most important appliances in my opinion (second only to a fridge).