Friday, September 19, 2008

Busy

Here is a quick update:
  • Joseph has been really busy with school. He leaves at 7:00 am and usually gets home around 6:30 pm. Then he studies for a couple hours at night and most of the day on Saturday. There is just so much information that they go over in class every single day. He has lots of quizzes and assignments, too. He has been good staying on top of it, and I try to be supportive and not tempt him to play instead of study! Joseph has enjoyed the classes so far, and has taught us the correct way to brush our teeth, what causes cavities, and what every single bone in our skulls is.
  • Matthew and I spend a lot of our time going on walks. We walk to the library quite often (1 mile away), the closest park (7 blocks away), the grocery store (2 blocks away) and sometimes we venture to Old Navy and Target (1.8 miles away). I'm getting good exercise! Matthew is really helpful with doing the dishes and cooking :). He likes to read his books, go up and down the stairs, watch movies with dogs in them, and run around anywhere he can. He still isn't saying any words... but he understands us quite well.
  • We have still been wrapping up all the moving business, such as address changes, health/car insurance stuff, and lots of other stuff I can't think of right now. There is always someone to call or somewhere to run an errand to. It keeps me busy at home.
  • Some fun things we have done recently are: two trips to the Coney Island beach, the West Indian American Carnival Parade, farmers markets, and trying out some local restaurants. I haven't actually been into Manhattan for a couple weeks! We are going to meet up with Jen & Jimmy Macfarlane and Brian & Rachel Dansie tomorrow - so it will be fun to see those guys!
  • We are definitely keeping busy and there is always something for us to do at home or somewhere to go. We are doing really well and we really like it here!





7 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fine life, even if you have to be without Joseph a lot. You are doing a great job. I'm proud of you!

Mythreesons said...

Even the mundane little things like going to the park and grocery store sound exciting in Brooklyn! I think it would be so tough to be on my own for so much of the day but your optimism is inspiring. As is your current workout regime!

Julia M. said...

I love hearing about Joseph's schooling--that's so awesome that he's learning so much. It's hard not to tempt him to do something else, isn't it? It sounds so fun and interesting to be in NYC!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're off so far away, living your life. You still seem like you are that mischievous five year old to me. I'm glad you are all settled in and doing so well.

kirsten said...

Catlin, this sounds like such a great place to live! What a great adventure you are on. I am really happy for you! If we ever save enough money can we come and visit you?

Catlin said...

Yes - please visit! Everyone is invited!!! And you will save lots of $ by staying with us! :)

Jess and Derek said...

Wow sounds like you guys are getting used to things and looks like you're having a blast! Tell Joseph good luck with school!