Thursday, May 31, 2018

May


We started the month with a birthday for this fun 11 year old, and a camping trip with lots of friends! We got to kayak, go fishing, eat lots of hot dogs and smores, and play and play!

I had a final reconstruction surgery at the beginning of the month, and am now completely done with all my treatment. It feels so good to feel more like my old self and to have time and energy for all our family activities. We have lots of things coming up this summer, so I am so grateful to be back in good health!!

School wrapped up and Matthew and Anna both got awarded for being on the Honor Roll all year.  They did great this year and are getting ready to start at yet another new school in the fall!

Joseph also had his graduation ceremony for completing the 2-year AEGD comprehensive dentistry residency and masters program. It was wonderful to celebrate this achievement and recognize how hard these guys worked! Just a few more weeks of patient care and final presentations and he is done!!

Joseph and I snuck away for a quick trip to Las Vegas to go house hunting. We looked at 12 houses in one day and found a great one for our family! We are so excited to buy our first house and settle down for a little bit! It was a busy month full of lots of wonderful things!

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Cat! You have more friends than anyone I know. So many people love you and have been blessed by who you are and what you believe. You are such a remarkable woman! I'm gonna come visit you in Vegas. Seriously. :)