Monday, March 27, 2017

March


March was busy and has flown by so quickly! The kids had a break from school for Mardi Gras, Joseph was gone for 10 days, and I ran a half marathon, plus all the other stuff in between! It definitely feels like spring here, and is getting warmer and warmer every day.

We just realized there are less than two months of school left! We are starting to make some plans for the summer and can't wait to have a bit more free time!

I have really enjoyed running through the winter here in the south. I decided after my 10k in January to just keep training and do a half marathon. It was handy that there was one close by in Bay St. Louis this month, and it has been really convenient to be able to run while the kids are in school so it didn't take up family time. My last half marathon was almost exactly 6 years ago, and it felt really good to push myself and do it again. The course was beautiful and I felt well trained and healthy - but it was still really hard!!!! :) My friend pushed me through the last few miles and I finished strong with a time of 2:08:11. It was a great experience and now I think I'm good for another 6 years... ha!

We've got some fun things coming up in the spring and summer and I can't believe we have been in Mississippi for almost one year! Happy Spring!!

No comments: