We loved showing them around where we live and taking them to some of our favorite villages and walks in the countryside. We didn't spend much time at home, but when we did my dad was out jumping on the trampoline with the kids and my mom was helping me with all my projects.
We spent a day in London and took a bus tour around the city and a boat tour on the Thames River. It was a great way to see everything we wanted to see in such a short amount of time. I'm so grateful that my kids are such good little travelers and walkers! We really wore them out!
My parents and I drove up to Manchester to visit the area where some of our ancestors came from. It was fun to see my (maiden) name up on a bunch of signs, although the town itself was pretty run down and yucky.


Oxford is always a favorite and is such a quick trip from where we live. We climbed to the top of the tower at St. Mary's church and the views were wonderful!
We fit in a few stops at bike shops for my dad, watched General Conference with some friends, and ate at some yummy pubs and restaurants. We also took a 3-day road trip to Wales which was incredible! I'll post those pictures next!
2 comments:
Cat!! I love your parents and I'm SO glad you got to spend time with them. I hope it buoyed you up. I miss you fiercely. I can't believe Matthew will be 7 in like 10 days. Where does the time go? I'm kind of dying that I'm not visiting you this summer--I gotta figure out how to get to you soon!
Every time I comment I think I say how much I love your blog; but i do, I just love it, so I'll keep saying it. You always make me want to be a better parent and a more adventurous person. Thanks for sharing your stories Cat!
Post a Comment