We rode a ferry across the English Channel from Dover, England, to Calais, France. We had beautiful views of the white cliffs of Dover as we sailed away. It was a nice way to break up the drive.
Then we drove through France and into Belgium. The countryside was really pretty, and Joseph did a great job switching back and forth between driving on the left and right sides of the road! :) We spent a day in Bruges enjoying the waffles, Christmas market, and great views of the city. It was such a cool place.





Our hotel was just a couple blocks from the beach, so we visited a couple times but it was freezing cold and windy. The kids were such great travelers and had a fun time running around and exploring. It was a great trip, and so neat that we are only a few hours drive away a different country!
7 comments:
So beautiful! What a neat experience!
Looks like fun. I'll be honest, we should've been there with you to enjoy it...sniff...sniff...
I can't get over how beautiful you are and how big your children are getting! Try to get a picture of the whole family next time :) I'm sure you have a husband, we just don't get to see him often. Looks like a blast!
It looks magical, what a fun way to spend a holiday!
Ah Catlin! I love your travelogues! They almost make me want to travel!
Hey! So I'd love to get your new address! Please email me at karrissawinward{at}gmail{dot}com. Thanks!!
I love seeing all of your adventures! I'll admit, we're a little jealous. Hopefully we can get Andy and Jon off of the EFMP list and we can go overseas next!
Post a Comment