Last weekend we were able to visit Edinburgh, Scotland. We weren't necessarily looking to travel quite yet, but with a four-day weekend ahead of us, and an empty house while we wait for our belongings, we decided to head out. It took us about 7 hours to get there, and it was a beautiful drive! I couldn't believe how green everything was.
We visited Edinburgh Castle, built high up on the rocks overlooking the city. It was so interesting! We loved walking through all the old buildings and the view was absolutely incredible.

We also visited a cute farm on the outskirts of the city and picked the most beautiful raspberries and strawberries. You could see the city and the ocean from the farm, and I think it was maybe my favorite part of the trip.
Edinburgh goes right up to the oceanfront, and we were able to walk along the beach for a little while. Again, the view was amazing (we kept pinching ourselves that we were actually there!), and the kids loved running around and playing in the sand. Matthew and Anna did so well on the trip - they had to walk a lot, but they were great sports and really loved everything we got to do.

It was a great trip and such a lovely country! Definitely my favorite place we have traveled here so far. :)
7 comments:
Keep these fun, beautiful pictures coming! What an adventure!
Beautiful pictures!
So amazing and beautiful. My oldest brother served his mission in edinburgh. So much of the pictures remind me of NS too... So much scottish influence there. How wonderful to have these adventures! THe first of many! Enjoy!
It looks absolutely gorgeous!
Sounds so dreamy!!!
I went to James Taylor this past weekend, and I felt homesick for you! You are the person that introduced me to him. :) I wished you had gone instead of me, although I enjoyed it.
I'm glad you're enjoying your new place!!
These are beautiful! And your kids are growing so fast. I probably always say that but it always surprises me - in a good way.
What a fun adventure for you all to take!
Hey Catlin, is there anyway I can get your contact information? We have some folks in our area who are currently looking for a home on Staten Island, and I thought maybe they could contact you to ask questions etc? Hope that would be okay...
My number is 801-455-5141 or you can email me jessica.prince@hotmail.com
Thanks!!!
Post a Comment