Thursday, February 21, 2013

England

Joseph will finish his residency here in Texas in August. We've been in the process of requesting and being assigned to our next base for a few weeks now, and yesterday we found out where we are going! Joseph will be stationed at the Royal Air Force station Croughton in England!! It is a base out in the country, close to Oxford, and about 60 miles outside of London.
It was actually our 2nd choice (our 1st choice was also in England) so we are pretty excited about it. But part of me is terribly scared and overwhelmed! I don't think I expected to really get assigned to England, so I'm still kind of in shock. We will be there for three years.

We have a lot of things to figure out before August, but luckily we've got plenty of time. I am having a bit of deja vu with this, remembering how I felt when we were headed to NYC almost 5 years ago. I'm excited for Joseph and the great opportunity this will be for him, and I'm sure our little family will have quite the adventure!

All friends and family are welcome to visit, so start saving up now! :)

2/21/2013

10 comments:

Jill said...

I'm coming!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if we have to eat beans and rice until then!!!
Catlin!! This is so exciting!!!!

(I'm not sure I have enough exclamation points for how excited I am for you all!)

Jessica Madsen said...

HOw incredible! COngratulations Joseph and Catlin! What an adventure. I can't wait to read and see your experiences there. Catlin, you are amazingly strong. I admire you. I know you will be amazing there. Your family is strong, and you are all a terrific addition. Congratulations, and best of luck!!

Holly said...

Holy Crap! That is crazy news! Three years. Wow. That will be quite an adventure and I am sure you will love it. You will have to get lots of tips from the McFarlanes!

Danika said...

How exciting! My grandma's from Oxford, but I've never been there, though I would love too! Congrats!

Heidi said...

I've been around that area. It's lovely! Maybe a visit is in the future.......

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so awesome! I am a little bit jealous! We had several bases in England as our top choices and then moved them down a bit on our list. What an adventure! Congratulations!

Griffeth Family said...

How exciting!! You are going to love it. It is so beautiful there!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow-so exciting! What an adventure! Congrats! I can't wait to see picts on your blog of beautiful England!

Erika said...

YAY! I LOVE England, and such a neat experience for your kids to live overseas! Exciting times for you guys.

J+M=L said...

What a fun adventure for your family! I am insanely jealous! Can't wait to read your posts. Say hello to the Macfarlanes! :)