Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So Much Sewing

I have been sitting at my sewing machine during every minute of spare time I've had for the last few weeks. The outcome this time was a bunch of fall and winter clothes for the kids. I'm happy with how things turned out and I love seeing the kids in these clothes. Here are a few of my favorites:




Long sleeve t-shirts, fun tops, dresses made from pretty floral scraps, and a button up cardigan. Matthew got a couple pairs of pants. And I even made a few things for myself. Only Joseph was left out, but I'm not sure I can tackle menswear just yet. :)

(I really don't know how to use Joseph's fancy camera, so that is why the lighting is off in most of these pictures.)


I love to sew, and wish I could do it all the time. But I am taking a break for a bit to spend time on other things. At least until I start working on Halloween costumes...

13 comments:

Hanny said...

They are adorable! I can't believe you made all that! Have I ever told you I think your kids should be in movies or commercials! I love their faces!

lizzie said...

Oh wow. Amazing. I love all of them. You are so very talented.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Amazing! You are so talented! You could totally sell those on Etsy or something....you just would need to grow an extra few hours in the day. :) I love the outfit you sewed and it's not fair you look so skinny! :) Way to go on all your hard work! Your kids will be the best dressed in town.

Jessica said...

This makes me wish I had actually gone to sewing class in high school...beautiful work Catlin and what cute models!

Katie said...

You amaze me. Wow. I have yet to sew anything with my machine....don't tell Ryan!

The kids are so cute. I can't believe how big little Anna is! She's a doll.

Julia M. said...

You inspire me, Cat! And your children are incredibly darling.

Yo Mama said...

You're going places, Caitlyn Gedge. Seriously, remember me when you make it big on Project Runway. I don't want much, just your hand-me-downs.

Jessica Madsen said...

CAtlin, I so admire this talent of yours! Your kids look absolutely adorable in their new clothes. How fun to know they were made with love from their mother! Wow! You are amazing! I think you should be the new designer for gap kids!

Bryan and Whitney said...

You are amazing!! Ok, when is my first lesson???

lex said...

I've been meaning to come back and comment on this post. Holy moly! These all look great and I am so impressed. You look great as well!

Jill said...

These are adorable. Good grief you are talented! Way to go!!

Shiloh said...

so cute. are you using a regular sewing machine or do you have a serger? how do you handle jersey knit on a regular machine if you aren't using a serger? I have such bad luck with this.

Catlin said...

Shiloh - I just have a regular machine. When sewing knits I use a little bit longer stitch and a slight zigzag. I also have a stretch needle that is supposed to work better for knits. I haven't had any problems! A serger would definitely be nice, though...