Saturday, July 23, 2011

The List

I knew I did not want to be left with a really long "to do in New York" list for our last year here. We really tried to spread it out and experience a lot of things during the first couple of years. And we did pretty well: we've seen the museums, all the popular tourist spots, traveled to Philadelphia, Boston, and Washington D.C., been to a handful of Broadway shows, and walked through Manhattan countless times.

But, I still have a list of things we'd like to do before we leave next Summer. Who knows if we'll do them all, but we'll hopefully be able to cross some of these off the list:

1. Visit Palmyra and Niagara Falls
2. Go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
3. See a NY Yankees game
4. Go to the top of the Rockefeller Building
5. See some US Open tennis matches
6. See more of Long Island and upstate NY
7. Ride in a taxi

There are more items on the list, like places to eat and neighborhoods/areas to check out, but these are the big ones. And actually, I'd rather spend our last year here doing our favorite things and spending time with our friends rather than running around checking stuff off a list.


If anyone wants to come visit and help us do some of these things, you are more than welcome. :) And if anyone has any suggestions of their favorite NYC places that we should try, let me know!
(top two pictures by sis Robin)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat experience you guys have had, there is so much there! It will be fun to see where you go next:)

Jessica Madsen said...

Wow, Catlin. I can`t believe only one year left! You are somoeone I look up to and admire very much. It has been a wonderful examplt to me to watch you go through this journey away from home. We are hoping to see Niagra and the church sites within the next year as well. Hopefully! Maybe you can check them out on your way to your new destination!... Crazy how fast time flies. I think you have so much to be proud of... your time in NY was always well spent.