Sunday, February 13, 2011

Race Me


I ran my first race this weekend! Some friends and I ran the Cupid's Chase 5K in Manhattan on Saturday morning. It was a brisk 30 degrees, there was ice on the course, and I was super nervous. But I survived, and although I didn't quite reach my ultimate goal, I set a personal record and had a really great time!
Now that my first race is out of the way, I can focus on the bigger running events in my near future. Such as running the half-marathon in Washington D.C. at the end of March!!! I've been training for a few weeks now, and although at times it still seems very daunting, I'm feeling good about it and I'm really excited! I've got some great friends to run with, some fabulous new running shoes, and the incredible race course to keep me motivated. It is going to be awesome, if I don't die first.... :)

7 comments:

Julia M. said...

Cat--you are unbelievable! I am a bit envious of your half marathon, except I'd die if I tried to do it. Way to go on the 5k! So cool!

So, the concert I went to was phenomenal. Remember how we were in the honors choir and your parents said I opened my mouth crazy big? Well there was a female bassist that essentially danced with her bass. That's what I would have done if I had played the bass. ;) Not kidding--their 6th grade orchestra sounded as good as our high school one! I thought about you the whole time. . .

Good luck with running!

Kristen said...

I do not remember anything about that, Julia! If we said that, I'm sure it was a good thing!

Jessica said...

WOW way to go lady! That is awesome :)You are so inspiringQ I got a treadmill for Christmas and have decided to run a treadmill marathon...a mile or so a day...it's a start right? I have always wanted to "run" but it seems intimidating to break in to that world. Any suggestions?

Karrissa Winward said...

Catlin! You are awesome!!

Susan G. said...

I am so impressed..good for you!

Jen said...

Congrats! That is so fun and inspiring...good luck!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Way to go! I always admire you runners. What an accomplishment.