Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello February, Hello Running Shoes

• We put up some heart decorations (idea from here) to celebrate the new month. We have had a crazy winter so far, with multiple storms leaving more than 15 inches of snow each time. Today we got freezing rain that left a coat of ice over everything. I don't think the 6-foot pile of snow in our front yard is ever going to melt.
• Thanks to my awesome friend upstairs, I started running. I'm not a "runner" yet, but I have been going running quite a bit and I really like it. I've set some crazy lofty goals for myself in the next two months, so I'll keep you updated...
• Anna is 18 months old now! She doesn't talk much, she doesn't love nursery much, and she is still pretty small. But she is funny and opinionated and loves to be cuddled and copies everything that Matthew does, down to the way he holds his markers when they are coloring.

6 comments:

Julia M. said...

Matthew is looking so grown up! And Anna is darling.

Way to go with running! Even in all that snow?! I'm impressed. You never cease to amaze me, Cat!

Heidi said...

Looks freezing cold in that snow! But what cute little heads you have there. I love their faces.

Katie said...

That picture of Matthew and Anna is so cute. Matthew looks a lot like Joseph in it.

I want to tell everyone your lofty/crazy goals, but I won't steal your thunder. I am happy to have a running buddy, though!

Unknown said...

She got you to run? She must be a good friend:) And good luck with that snow...phew.

lizzie said...

I'm also intrigued by your running goals. Of course. I hope this snow isn't keeping you in too much!

Than & Lina said...

I'm not a runner, but I want to be. Really. I'll be interested in your updates :) Are you running outside in all the snow and ice? I enjoyed your description of Anna and I loved that picture of your two cute kids! Hope all is well!