Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This Christmas

This will be our third Christmas we've spent far, far away from our families in Utah. But we are slowly creating our own traditions and we really enjoy the relaxing time together. We'll get to spend Christmas nearby with good friends this year, and we are looking forward to a fun little trip of skiing and swimming and playing.

The tree is decorated and redecorated daily. I love our Christmas tree this year, and I love that Matthew helped me decorate it. I have to smile when I look at it and see two or three ornaments on the same branch.

Packages and presents are in the mail on their way to family. And one good thing about being far away from family is that we get a lot of mail and Christmas packages! The kids get so excited every time they see a big box at our door!

Christmas shopping is not done, but almost. The sewing machine is probably going to need a loooong break after Christmas because I have been sewing day and night. I've had so much fun sewing tons of presents. And, of course, lots of oranges and Christmas goodies are being eaten.

Christmas cards are sent out. This year went by so quickly when I look at it this way:
Matthew is finally starting to figure out Christmas and he absolutely loves anything to do with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We've had fun counting down the days with our advent calendar, and reading tons of Christmas books from the library. There has been no real snow for us yet, but I'm sure it is on it's way. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

Jake said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope you have a great holiday.