Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tree{s}

On Friday we finally went out and got a Christmas tree! I couldn't handle not having one anymore, so we bundled up and drove to a little lot about 1.5 miles from our house on the side of a busy road. I didn't stop smiling the whole way home with the tree sticking out of the trunk. This is the first real tree I have ever had, and I am so impressed! It smells wonderful and is so pretty! Matthew has been really good about it, and has left the ornaments and presents under the tree alone. He just likes to stand by it and look at the lights.




On Saturday we went to see the Rockefeller Christmas tree. It was big. And it was absolutely freezing, so we didn't stay long. It might have been cooler to see it at night.

Yep, we are staying here in NYC for Christmas this year. My sister will be here with us for a few days over Christmas on her way home from London. It is hard to be away from our families, but we are grateful for webcams that help us stay in touch!

8 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

How fun! I haven't had a real tree for years- since I was a little girl. Steve has never had one- his mom has asthma and is too sensitive to them. I've always wanted to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. I watch the Today Show every morning!

Julia M. said...

What a darling tree! It get the chills just looking at how cold you are. :) I hope your Christmas is wonderful. Did you get to go ice skating? I hope you get to--like they do on Serendipity!

Jen said...

Your tree looks awesome! I've heard it is freezing out there--hope you guys are staying warm in your cute house!

Kristen said...

We had a real tree when you were very little in Colorado, but bought a fake one after we moved to Utah - sorry about that! You could have been smiling even more!

Russ said...

It's kind of fun being on your own for Christmas. We are spending our second year on our own down here in Texas. And NYC is so magical, it's bound to be a good celebration for you! Merry Christmas!

Chow

Anonymous said...

I was thinking this year that I would like a real tree again but didn't. Now I wish I had. I need the firewood after Christmas. It looks great. You look very cold.

Jenny said...

It's so nice to have a tree. It makes it seem so much more like Christmas to have a tree.

Unknown said...

...we have a webcam - you should call us sometime and we can chat. That would be so fun! You guys are such a cute family:)