Friday, November 7, 2008

Star Sighting

We went to the BCM again this week. About 5 minutes before we left I noticed something: someone who looked an awful lot like Maggie Gyll_______. Well, it was totally her! She was there with her daughter, Ramona, and her fiancee and maybe her mom. She looked super cute and was playing around with her daughter. Kind of fun to see a star in my own neighborhood! I would have felt way too stupid to ask for a picture, or to sneak a picture, so these will have to do. {I just looked her up - she lives in Brooklyn!}


Hilarious conversations I heard:

Maggie sat down on one of the benches for a second. A lady (maybe in her 50s) came up to her.
LADY: "You look really familiar. I think I've met you before."
MAGGIE: smiles
LADY: "Oh I know, from the Brooklyn Heights Club. Right?"
MAGGIE: "... no... probably from... movies."
LADY: "What?"
MAGGIE: standing up to walk to her daughter "I'm in movies."
LADY: "Oh, ya! What is your name?" ...thinking to herself...
MAGGIE: "Maggie."
LADY: "Of course! I'm so sorry. How embarrassing. Forgive me..." on and on. Bet she felt silly!
MAGGIE: smiles

The employees all standing around the front desk staring over at Maggie as I'm walking out:

GIRL 1: "She is a lot skinnier than I thought, and tall."
GIRL 2: "They always are."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been totally oblivious. I have no idea who she is as I stopped watching most movies and TV shows years ago. Cool for you though.

Christine said...

That is awesome!

Kristen Weller said...

Wow! Those are funny conversations. How exciting! I loved her in Mona Lisa Smile- and Batman of course!

Kati said...

How exciting!!! I am amazed! The only sightings I have around here are the occasional stray cats that come around begging for food. That creates quite the excitement.

lex said...

You are practically famous now! What a good story to tell.

Joni said...

So I guess it is true...the camera does add 10 pounds....great, note to self never go on camera! :0) I love it!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I bet she's really nice. It's funny that people actually go up and talk to celebrities like that. I could never do that, I'd just sit there and gawk.

Jessica Madsen said...

I always knew you and joseoh would be rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous one day;)
Hey, I spoke with your grandpa at church while we were visiting in salt lake for the weekend. He told us Joseph was called to the High Council! Way to go Joseph:) Pretty exciting! You guys are keeping busy in all the best ways! Keep having fun.

Jess and Derek said...

Wow look at you guys! Celebrities and everything... You're sure livin' the life over there!

Cam and Linds said...

How exciting, and what funny conversations!

Stephanie said...

That's so funny! Way cool that you were able to see her!