Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mom & Dad Visit

We had a wonderful time with my parents here! They just left today - and I miss them so much already! It is a little lonely here without them...

Wow, we did a lot of stuff. I will try to share, without sharing too much. Here are some pictures, in no particular order...


bike shop in Lower East Side --- wheat growing exhibit in the Financial District


yummy gelato on Bleeker Street --- Wall Street


new stroller --- rose garden at Brooklyn Botanical Gardens


Brooklyn Botanic Gardens --- Brooklyn Bridge


best pizza we had --- Brooklyn Bridge


Times Square --- outside Central Park


Central Park --- lots of walking


Museum of Modern Art


"Legally Blonde" on Broadway --- subway musician


Hudson River --- M&M store in Times Square


waiting for the subway at the airport --- lots of walking


good pizza --- Matthew's first dentist appt.

We kept ourselves pretty busy. And I think we are all sore from so much walking. It was great to be able to show my parents what our life is like here in Brooklyn. I think they liked it here - and we hope they will come back soon!

12 comments:

Erika said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm glad you got some visitors!

Kristen said...

We're already planning our next trip. I liked New York so much more than I thought I would! The best part though was getting to see you.

Julia M. said...

Holy cow, Cat, that looks like a blast. I love the picture of you and your dad being the statue of liberty. I love how healthy your parents are--with the small picture I almost thought they were you and Joseph! What a fun visit. Did Joseph get to help with Matthew's first dental appointment?

Holly said...

New York would be such a cool place to live. There's always fun things to do!

Jill said...

How fun! Maybe I'd like New York more if I saw it with you guys. I wasn't impressed with my first visit. So glad you're loving it there.

Jen said...

Fun stuff...ha, I love how sore all of our visitors get from all of the walking--it definitely takes some getting used to!

Karrissa Winward said...

What a fun visit! It probably helps that you live in such a fun place too! I am glad your parents were able to be a part of your new life for a while!

Crys said...

Hi there! I really like your blog! I found it through another blog, and I am really enjoying it. I am a mother of a two year old and three year old, and I live very far away from my family, as well. (900 miles to be exact) So I know how you feel when you say goodbye to them. But, you are making memories and having experiences of a lifetime in NYC! Best of luck!

Christine said...

Looks like you guys had fun :)

J&J Binghameez said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to have your parents come out-it's so much fun to have visitors! We wish we could come too.

Cam and Linds said...

New York look so fun! I am glad you guys are enjoying your time out there! I can't believe everything you have got to do already! We are definatley going to have to come out there while you guys are living there so you can show us all the best places!