
We spent last weekend in Greece, visiting Athens and enjoying a weekend cruise to a few Greek islands. It was absolutely fantastic and incredibly gorgeous!
![]() |

We spent an evening in Mykonos, walking among all the white and blue buildings, with a row of windmills towering over us on the top of the island. The kids dipped their toes in the Aegean Sea and we watched the most beautiful sunset over the water.


We spent some time in Kusadasi, Turkey, where we strolled through the markets and looked at all the beautiful rugs and trinkets. It was really an interesting, colorful place!


We loved Patmos, where we relaxed on the beach and looked down on one of the most beautiful views we've ever seen. At the top of the island, we visited the cave where John spent some time and was thought to have written the book of Revelations. Very cool.


We climbed on the rocks in Crete, and learned a lot about the interesting history there. The kids were such good travelers but mostly loved the pool on the ship and our teeny tiny cabin with bunk beds. :) I loved the orange trees lining all the streets!




One of our favorite stops was Santorini, where we got to ride donkeys up the side of the island to reach the homes that perch on the top and sides of the cliffs. The sight of those homes was so fascinating! We loved walking through the small streets and imagining what life was like there.




We ended our trip with a few hours in Athens, where we visited the Acropolis and all the incredible ruins there, some that were built in 500 BC! My favorite site was the Temple of Olympian Zeus - the size of those columns was just astounding.
We are so grateful to have seen such beauty, and created such wonderful memories together. Our eyes have been opened to so many things that I have never even considered before. This world is such a beautiful place!

1 comment:
We went to Athens and Mykonos almost two years ago and it is so fun to see each of our families in the same exact spots. I loved it in Mykonos and absolutely fell in love with the pastries at a place called The Seven Sins (I think)...pretty sure I ate all seven sins that day, haha! I hardly ever check blogger, but it is usually your blog that makes me read anything here. I hope you are well and hope to meet up with you again some day!
Post a Comment