I spent the last nine months working on quilts for Matthew and Anna. A friend from church taught me how to do traditional English paper piecing, and I fell in love with it. I wrote all about the process on my sewing blog, but let's just say it was a lot of work! I hand stitched the whole top of her quilt, and I really loved (almost) every moment. I'm so happy with how it turned out!
I made Matthew's quilt after this arrow tail quilt idea. I love that it looks a little more masculine than the hexagons do, but it is still a similar size and style.
I finished the quilts just in time for Christmas, and got them under the tree just before we left on our trip. The kids have both been so sweet about them, and it makes me happy that they are being used now!
I finished putting the kids' room together and I'm so happy with the space. They love sharing a room for now, and I'm happy because it means I get my own sewing room. :)
My mom drew those beautiful portraits of the kids and gave them to us for Christmas. I smile every time I walk past their room!
3 comments:
Those are beautiful! Thanks for all your help, this should be an adventure:) You have such an artistic family!
Cat, I'm so, so impressed! I just love those quilts and their room and your dedication to your family. It's moving.
And your mom's portraits!! Ahh! I can hardly stand them. She clearly loves all of you!
The quilts are stunning. They turned out beautifully!
Post a Comment