Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Around Here


A few weekends ago, Joseph took the kids to watch the horse trials at Blenheim Palace. It was a gorgeous day, and they got to stand so close to the horses as they were running and jumping past. The beautiful grounds of the palace were covered with people and picnics. I can't wait to go next year!



Last week, Joseph spent the week up north, near York. He was working at a dental clinic in this gorgeous countryside, and luckily had some time to explore the surrounding area. He visited the cute village of Pateley Bridge and watched some sheep dogs herding their flocks. The view from the top of this walk is dreamy.

He spent an afternoon touring Fountains Abbey, an old monastery from 1100 AD. It was surrounded by beautiful grounds with water gardens and swans and pheasants everywhere you looked. This is definitely my kind of place.

He spent one evening in York, where he visited York Minster, one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe. He attended the Evensong service with a boy's choir, and he said he's never seen so much stained glass.



At the end of September we visited Salcey Forest to go on the treetop walk. They have built a nice wooden walkway that leads you up to the tops of the trees! I admit I was a little nervous when we got up high, but the view was beautiful!

There is so much beauty around here. It has been a gorgeous fall, and I'm grateful to be surrounded by such lovely sights around every corner.

2 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Oh Catlin, these photos are so incredible. You will miss this so much! Treasure the experience, as I know you are!! Wow, so amazing!

Jessica said...

These photos are definitely awaking the travel bug in me! I love these and you have such a great eye.