Monday, September 5, 2011

So Far, So Good

Our August was just about as good as it could get. It started out with Anna's birthday and our anniversary Yankees game. We made a trip to Central Park, and lots of trips to the beach (I have a tan for the first time in years). Some friends and I ran into a star from Project Runway while checking out Mood fabric in Manhattan. That store is amazing and I want to live there.
Joseph celebrated his 30th birthday and is feeling old. Matthew absolutely loved the Museum of Natural History and we loved watching him take it all in. We survived an earthquake and a scary hurricane. We took the ferry over to Governor's Island and played miniature golf and rode bikes around the island (one of my most favorite experiences of all time).
And to top it all off, my parents came to visit and we spent a few days in upstate NY. I'll share the pictures from that trip soon. August was wonderful and was the perfect end to the summer.

5 comments:

Julia M. said...

Looks phenomenal. I'm glad you survived the crazy weather that was in New York this summer! I love how you enjoy life to the fullest extent. It inspires me.

Cam and Linds said...

Your August sounded wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it!

Katie said...

Tear.

christy said...

no comment about the us open??? can't wait to chat about how you loved it:)

J+M=L said...

Is that Anya from Project Runway? That store looks so amazing. I just recently started watching that show and I LOVE it! You guys get to do so many cool things living in NY! We need to come visit! :)