Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our Home: Living Room & Dining Room

After living here for almost 4 months, we finally hung something on the wall! Moving, having a baby, entertaining lots of visitors, and a very small budget kept us from getting our place decorated for a while. It's definitely simple and inexpensive, but that's how we like it!
I love our NYC picture collage (pictures taken by us and sis Robin) with the satellite map of NYC that Joseph found at his Grandpa's house. I also love the toy storage in the bookshelf, the G that Robin gave to me for my birthday, and the silhouettes of our little family.

Next task: the kitchen.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

I especially love the silhouettes on the wall.

Joni said...

It looks SO good! I love it all! I am way impressed that you could get little Anna's silhouettes!

lizzie said...

Looks great. We are just getting around to putting stuff on the walls as well . . . we might use your rooms for inspiration. :)

Jessica Madsen said...

Catlin, it looks just perfect. You have done such a great job. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Russ said...

CUTE!

Karrissa Winward said...

I love it! I love the toy shelf and silhouettes too! I love your simple, clean style.

Julia M. said...

It's fabulous. You have the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

I love your eye for decorating and your ideas are great! How do you do the silhouettes?

Ryan Allen said...

So that's what all the noise was the past couple days...

Catlin said...

I did the silhouettes by taking a profile picture with good contrast against the background, and then I printed it out the size I wanted it. I stapled it to black cardstock and cut around the profile picture. Then attach it to some paper and frame it! Super easy!

Kati said...

I love your new home! It is beautiful. The silhouettes are awesome. I think I may do that in my living room.

Becca Jane said...

Hey, I just stumbled onto your blog, and I love it! I just have to ask....is that big G in your living room from Anthropologie? I love it! They're on sale right now, and I've been thinking about getting one....sooo cute!

Becca
rebecca-jane.blogspot.com